Art of Proprietation

Saturday, May 26, 2007

A sad day in Mville

Something happened recently that I have been waiting for a long time.

At various times in the past, I have had tenants who where not in the habit of taking good care of themselves. I worried that I might come home and find they were no longer in residence, so to speak. This spring, one of my tenants was diagnosed with a fast moving cancer. The prognosis was not good. Her physician felt it was a year at best. It didn't turn out to be nearly that long. She lived only a little more than a month past that diagnosis. Two weeks ago, she asked me to take her to the hospital where they admitted her to the hospice unit. There was hope they could get the pain under control and they would release her. She died eight days later.

Since she had no family locally, it was left to me to go through her things and box them up. It was a painful experience. There had been hope that she might last through the summer. It was to be a glorious last summer for her. To be taken easy and experience the country life here. I feel deep regret that she missed the new growing season and sunny afternoons lounging on the porch.

Cynthia, you are missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home