Art of Proprietation

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

FINALLY!!!!

10042719 Heddar and Agnes
Our last doe finally gave up the goat.

10042762 Heddar Agnes RS

We only have three milking does, so some people will look at this and say big deal. But today our last pregnant doe finally kidded. A healthy doeling, thank you very much. It feels like about time, we have been waiting for kidding, kidding, taking care of kidding related crisis and following up with kids for a month and a half. I think that I have slept in my bed in the house three times during that period. I was ready for it to end. And Heddar, the last doe, took her sweet bippy time waiting for pretty much the least convenient moment. It was raining, my wife had left the property and I was trying to get on the road for business. As I was telling myself I needed to jump in the car to go, I checked on her one more time to find her in the midst of a contraction with two hooves and a bubble sticking out. But it turned out OK.

10042745 Goat Kid Pee And just to prove kids are unsafe at any speed, the new kid peed on me within 1/2 hour of birth.

10042703 Heddar and Agnes

10042737 Jacob closeup
All of these photos captured in their wild state by a boy who is not yet four.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home