Art of Proprietation

Monday, October 22, 2007

Nothing like fresh




That's fresh mozzarella cheese my wife made from our goats milk. The tomatoes are from our garden as is the basil. And it's bread she made that day. A nice meal to come home to.

My wife said the mozzarella was not hard to make, but it was time consuming. And milk consuming, two gallons of milk for about two pounds of cheese. We also got another cup of ricotta (my wife says it is marscapone because it is goats milk) that we used for lasagna today, another hit.

My wife said it was a lengthy process to make the cheese. Get it to the right temp, stir in the other ingredients. Get it to clot just right, cut the curds to the right size, drain it, stretch it, ball it, etc. But it was a wonderful cheese when I got home.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home