Art of Proprietation

Saturday, April 12, 2008

So I bought this tree on Ebay

It seemed like a good idea at the time, auction for life sized Oak tree, some assembly required...



Now that I have it home, I find assembly will be more difficult than I realized. The instructions are in chinese.



Just Kidding. I am cutting up the last of the wood I think I will need for next winter's wood stack. I think this will bring us upto a little over three cords when it is all stacked. Last year we burned a little over two in the glenwood in the kitchen. I was late getting the wood in and we had to be a little more conservative than I wanted. I am trying hard to make sure we can burn what we need to next winter.



This was a pretty big tree for me to drop. Not tall, but very girthy. My saw only overlapped by about 4 inches when I cut from both sides. It's not a big tree for a professional to cut, but it was hard for me. Because I couldn't simply cut through from one side, it was a little tricky. And I needed it to fall in a narrow alley between my wifes garlic bed and some other obstacles. And it need to come down before it blew down. The tree was not in good shape and it was leaning over what will be a new fence line for the goats. Thanks to my father in law for the handmedown saw. I wouldn't want to do this with my old saw, it just wouldn't have handled it well.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home