Art of Proprietation

Friday, February 15, 2008

Iced in




It's not an unusual condition here, but there is a pretty thick coating of ice outside. Some thing we deal with. It weighs down limbs and wires and tools. It coats winshields. Somtimes it is pretty, sometimes damaging but always cold.

I had to pull my wife's car out of the driveway the other day. We hadn't driven it in a week or more and the snow built up under it and around it to the point that it couldn't claw it's way out. Same thing happened to the van but over a longer period. To get it out I jacked up each of the drive wheels and put a length of 2X6 under the tires. It bridged the pocket in the ice that the tires where trapped in and gave me enough traction to muscle my way out. It was actually a pretty simple solution and was quick. I'll have to file that on away.

There were deep depressions left behind in the ice, perfect molds of the tire tread. The van can get stuck on a flat if it is icy, just the nature of no weight in the back...








Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home