Art of Proprietation

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sung to the tune of Grandmas Feather bed

09100931 new starter

"Oh, It was 8 feet wide and fifteen long
Sleek as a big ol' brick
Made from the steel of four dump trucks
Took a whole pitt crew to make her tick
We didn't get very far
But we had a lot of fun
In the back of CJs chevy van"


I have to apologize to Bruce King. I recently dismissed his vehicle troubles saying I had never had a starter go completely bad on me. It wasn't fair, as it's not like I have never had one fail to operate and I have replaced enough so I have a small cache of them in the barn. Instead, it is more accurate that I have been foolish enough to run them longer than I should by keeping a hammer handy but still managed to always replaced them before I got completely stranded without tools.

In retribution for my flippant remarks, I had to replace one I could not revive. And to be sure I learned my lesson, I had to replace this one twice as I foolishly replaced it with one from the barn first. I should know better than to try to reuse a starter. Of any component, starters suffer more than most from inactivity and degrade quickly on a vehicle or not.

Bruce, my apologies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home