Art of Proprietation

Monday, July 19, 2010

I got PI

I think I have a poison ivy rash going on my wrist. Hazard of the locale. The field that we are developing has areas that are rife with poison ivy. I've been cutting new fence lines for the goats. If I think about it ahead of time, I cut the PI out of my way to keep the risk manageable.

I don't have a lot of trouble with PI sensitivity, but I try to avoid it when possible and washup as soon as I can when contact is unavoidable. I keep soap and water in the field and try to washup periodically through the day. Another tactic I use is spraying down my boots and laces with a dilute mixture of vinegaur and water. I thought it up this spring and it may not help, but have had less trouble with PI this year than last.

I don't have a terrible time with PI, my wife has it worse, but I was wondering if others have found solutions that work.

2 Comments:

  • Jewel weed juice will nuteralize the oil from PI. 3.14?????
    But its got to be nuteralized before you have a reaction from the oil to be most effective.
    Some, but not all will find relief from the itching when using jewel weed juice. Try making jewel weed ice cubes.
    Good luck.
    The WEED One

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 AM  

  • Yes, I have found the Jewel weed is effective for me. I bought some from Tennessee online. I was too late to avoid the reaction from the oil, but I soaked the affected area in really hot water before I put the jewel weed stuff on and I got really good results. Nothing else I tried did any good.

    By Blogger damae, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home