Art of Proprietation

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flat on my back

I was flat on my back for a while. My wife hurt hers maybe two weeks earlier. Nothing dramatic, I leaned too far out lifting the ice chains onto the tractor wheel. A strain. But it hasn't been fun. And I am getting to try out the insurance I have been paying for all these years. This is the first time I have gotten more than a tetanus booster. Can't say I am impressed with the insurance either.

Since all lifting is out for at least another week, we went ahead and dried off the goats a month early. I am not happy about that, I was hoping I had the pregnancies timed right so the first doe would kid about the time I dried off the last one.

We have eked along with the help of a friend. She was already staying with us while between gigs. She is the stalwart type and has been a great help, keeping the animals watered and schlepping wood. If you try sometimes, you get what you need...

10010545 last glass milk
Last pint of milk for our goats' 2009 lactation cycle

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Ouch. Sorry to hear of the injuries. Hard when life suddenly throws those "U-turns". One minute you're doing your chores and getting things checked off the "to-do" list. Next minute your flat on your back. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

    Take it easy and take care. It's hard to just sit and heal, but sometimes that is the top priority "to do".

    Love,
    Holly

    By Anonymous Holly, at 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home